PG - Admission Overview
SNS College of Technology offers MBA and ME programs in various disciplines. Candidates for PG Programs are admitted based on the procedure laid down by DoTE / Anna University. Candidates for PG Programs are admitted under two categories.
1. Government Quota
2. Management Quota
SNS College of Technology offers M.E. programs in various disciplines. BE / B.Tech degree in the relevant field is the minimum eligibility criteria for admission. Admission is based on TANCET score followed by university-based counseling (TANCA).
Candidates for PG Programs under management quota are admitted directly by SNS College of Engineering. Candidates should satisfy the all eligibility criteria prescribed by the DoTE / Anna University. The candidates should qualify the Entrance Examination conducted by the Consortium of Self-Financing Professional, Arts and Science Colleges in Tamil Nadu, Chennai-600 040.
- SNSCE offers admission to Ph.D. (Full-Time and Part-Time) under Anna University recognized research centers in the college.
- Centre for Research (CFR) at Anna University calls for applications twice a year to admit scholars for Ph.D. programs.
- Candidates with a Master’s degree in the same or related field are eligible to apply.
- Selection to the Ph.D. program is based on the performance of candidates in the written test conducted by Anna University followed by an interview.
PG ADMISSION – ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA – for MBA and M.E. Degree Courses
|1||Master of Business Administration – M.B.A.||A pass in any recognized Bachelor’s Degree (in any discipline) of a minimum of 3 years duration with 10 + 2 + 3/4 years pattern. (i.e. 10th + HSC + 3/4 Years Degree) and should obtain the required percentage in the qualifying examinations.|
|1||Master of Computer Applications – M.C.A.||A pass in any recognized Bachelor’s Degree (in any discipline) of a minimum of 3 years duration with 10 + 2 + 3/4 years pattern. (i.e. 10th + HSC + 3/4 Years Degree) and should obtain the required percentage in the qualifying examinations.|
|2||M.E. – Computer Science & Engineering||B.E./B.Tech.- EEE / ECE / Electronics / IT / CSE / I&C /E&I/ Instrumentation/Computer Hardware & Software (or) M.C.A. (10+2+3+3 Pattern) (or) M.Sc. 5 Years Integrated IT / CS / Software Engineering and should obtain the required percentage in the qualifying examinations.|
|3||M.E. – Power System & Engineering||B.E. / B.Tech. – EEE / ECE / Electronics / E&I / I&C / Instrumentation and should obtain the required percentage in the qualifying examinations.|
|4||M.E. – Thermal Engineering||B.E. / B.Tech/Production/ Automobile/Mechanical/Industrial/Metallurgy/Manufacturing/Mechatronics/Material Science.|
|5||M.E. – Structural Engineering||B.E. – Civil|
- Candidates admitted through lateral entry in degree courses are not eligible except B.E. / B.Tech degree courses.
- B.E. / B.Tech. degrees obtained through distance mode/weekend courses are not eligible.
Minimum Eligibility Marks for M.B.A & M.E. Courses
|#||Community||Minimum Marks in the Qualifying Examinations|
|2||B.C. / B.C.M. / M.B.C., S.C.(Arunthathiyar), S.C. & S.T. candidates belonging to Tamil Nadu||45%|
- M.B.A. – CET conducted by the Consortium / TANCET
- M.E. / M.Tech. – CET conducted by the Consortium / TANCET