Mechatronics is a synergistic hybrid field of mechanical engineering, electronic engineering, computer engineering and control engineering. Mechatronics is centered on mechanics, electronics, control, software computing, embedded processing, communications, electromagnetism, electro-mechanism, micro- and nano-technologies. The synergy leads to generation of simpler, more economical, reliable and versatile systems.
The Department of Mechatronics Engineering is an established under graduate programme since 2011. The department consists of qualified staff members as per competency norms of Anna University.
Vision & Mission
The Mechatronics Engineering Department aspires to impart knowledge, enhance creativity and confidences to make the graduates globally evolve as entrepreneurs, researchers, academicians and technocrats for the prosperity of the society.
- To impart goal oriented, quality based and value added education in Mechatronics Engineering.
- To establish state-of-the-art laboratories to enhance practical knowledge in Mechatronics and Robotics to meet the needs of society and industry.
- To inculcate communication, leadership and entrepreneurship skills among the students for the sustained growth.
- To create centre of excellence in Mechatronics in rendering the support for technical needs.
- To imbibe social and ethical values.
DEPARTMENT ACCREDITED AND RECOGNIZED BY
For 23 years, SNS has set the standard of excellence as a renowned institution in the field of education. 2020 admissions are open now! Grab your chance and start your journey with us.
You are just one click away from us!Enquiry Now
Department of Mechatronics organizing the first International Conference on Advances in Physical Sciences and Materials 2020 (ICAPSM 2020) on 13/08/2020 – 14/08/2020.
All the classrooms are spacious, well ventilated and equipped with WIFI facility, Newspaper stand and Glass Board. Besides all classroom are fitted with colour blinds to reduce the glare during ICT usage. Overhead Projector with UPS connection for uninterrupted power supply. One – third of classes are equipped with Smartboard for the enhanced learning experience. All the classroom also provided with Notice board which dispalys latest programs and other information related to particular class
A well-equipped computer lab is established for the benefit of the mechatronics engineering students. It is supported by latest hardware and software, printing devices, etc. Engineering Design software are procured for making the students globally competitive and industry ready. At CAD lab, students get professional training on 2D & 3D drafting of engineering drawings using the latest version software. Student will learn computer aided design layout and 3D solid modelling definitions. Students will also gain the knowledge of design and drafting needed for engineering discipline.
The PLC lab contains multiple workstations equipped with computers, PLC units and other interfacing devices to train students how to program and upload ladder logic code. Students program ladder logic code using the RSLogix software, which provides a graphical interface representing conditional computer programming functions such as if/else statements. The lab is based primarily on the PLCs which are widely used in factories and other settings.
MICROPROCESSOR AND MICROCONTROLLER LABORATORY
Microprocessors and Microcontrollers laboratory helps the students to develop their knowledge on processor architecture and the programming skills. This laboratory houses the hardware which includes 8085 Microprocessor trainer kits, 8086 Microprocessor trainer kits, 8051 Microcontroller trainer kits, interfacing cards and softwares. This laboratory provides hand-on experience to interface I/O devices, perform A/D and D/A conversions, etc., The features and facilities available in this laboratory helps the students to do their projects and enhance their knowledge on the latest trends and technologies. Students from other branch of engineering also make use of this laboratory and develop their skills in the field of Microprocessors & Microcontrollers and their applications.
The Robotics Lab at the Department of Mechatronics Engineering focuses on interdisciplinary research applied to the state-of-the-art autonomous intelligent robotics and human-robot interaction.
Our Robotics Lab is dedicated both to research and education. As a result we are responsible for the academic development of robotics expertise for undergraduates who work closely together with our researchers and academics.
SENSORS AND SIGNALS LABORATORY
Sensors and Signal Processing Laboratory is well equipped with sophisticated equipment to perform the lab experiments. The main aim of this laboratory facilitates is to develop students technical skills and practical knowledge for their career. The accessible equipment in this laboratory are CRO’s, Function Generators, Pulse Generator, Power supplies, Multimeter and Various trainer kits for different applications. Various sensors like Thermocouple, Thermistor, RTD, Torque sensor, Potentiometer, LVRT, LVDT, Digital Encoder etc. are studied and their practical implementations in circuits are carried out. Signal Processing kits like comparator, DAC, ADC are also used for practical experiments. Other branch students also cultivate their practical knowledge by using this lab in the field of Sensors.
DEPARTMENT OF MECHATRONICS ENGINEERING
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEO)
- PEO 1: Graduates will possess requisite skill to solve the complex technical
- PEO 2: Graduates will have the capability to use modern engineering tools for product development and deployment.
- PEO 3: Graduates will strive towards research and engage in lifelong learning for the career development leading to overall societal benefits.
- PEO 4: Graduates will be able to lead a team with the qualities of professional, social and ethical responsibilities.
PROGRAMME OUTCOMES (PO)
|PO-a||Engineering Knowledge||Applying the knowledge of fundamentals in science and engineering to achieve the specialization in solving complex Mechatronics Engineering problems.|
|PO-b||Problem Analysis||Identify, formulate, research and design to conduct experiment for complex engineering problems as well as to analyze and interpret data.|
Development of solutions
|Design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as safety, manufacturability and sustainability.|
|PO-d||Conduct Investigations of complex problems||Use of research-based knowledge and methods to design of experiments and synthesis of the information for providing valid conclusions related to Mechatronics Engineering.|
|PO-e||Modern Tool usage||Create, select and apply appropriate techniques and resources within the use of modern IT tools in Mechatronics engineering.|
|PO-f||The Engineer and Society||Apply the contextual knowledge in assessing health, safety, legal and cultural issues of the society.|
|PO-g||Environment and Sustainability||Understand the need for sustainable development without harming environmental growth.|
|PO-h||Ethics||Apply ethical principles and commit to professional growth of society, responsibilities and norms of engineering practice.|
|PO-i||Individual and Team Work||Coordinate and organize professional activities both as an individual and multi functional teams and to develop as a successful entrepreneur in the society.|
|PO-j||Communication||Comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation in making effective presentations for easy understanding.|
|PO-k||Project management and finance||Demonstrate the management skills, financial management principles and techniques individually/collaboratively in project planning and implementation.|
|PO-l||Life-long learning||Recognize importance of pursuing lifelong learning in the broader context of innovation and technological developments.|
PROGRAM SPECIFIC OUTCOMES (PSO’s)
PROGRAM SPECIFIC OUTCOME 1
- Recognize and apply the recent technological advancements for developing Mechatronics products to cater the global needs.
PROGRAM SPECIFIC OUTCOME 2
- Automate and maintain the mechanical systems by using electrical and electronic devices as well as computational tools.
Our Faculty Team
Supporting PM Initiatives Mapped with AICTE
Redesigning Common Mind And Business Towards Excellence
PARTNERSHIP / MEMBERSHIP IN PROFESSIONAL BODIES
Department of Mechatronics Engineering got Membership with SAE Collegate Club, ISTE & IE (I) for benefits of Faculties and Students.
- Department of Mechatronics Engineering organized ICBMS on 23rd to 25th of March 2016.
- Department of Mechatronics Engineering organized ICBMS on 27th to 29th of March 2019.
- Department of Mechatronics Engineering organized Illusion on 16th of November 2019.
NOTABLE DEPT ACHIEVEMENTS
- 2015 – GOKART – NKRC – Innovation Award & Autocross Award
- 2016 – FIRST RUNNER UP – E-Kart, Kolhapur, Maharashtra
- 2016 – GOKART & EKART SUCCESS MEET WITH TECHNICAL DIRECTOR
- 2016 – GOKART NKRC – Innovation Award & Traction Award
- 2016 – SUO. G.Sangeeth participated in Republic Day-2016 Prime Minister Rally, New Delhi
- 2017 – DR.P.VIVEKANANDAN WAS AWARDED AS THE MOST DISTINGUISHED HOD AT IIT BOMBAY BY TECHNEXT, INDIA 2017.
- 2017 – Mitsubishi Electric Cup Pune, Maharashtra
- 2017 – TRACTION AWARD (Runner Up) during QBDC , Hyderabad, Telangana
- 2018 – Inauguration – TRONEXUZ ASSOCIATION
- 2018 – TEAM SYGNITORS – KINGS KART RACING – BEST ASTHETICS AWARD – CASH PRIZE RS8000
- 2018 – Visit to NUS University, Singapore
- 2018 – Visit to NUS University, Singapore2
- 2018 – WON BEST PROJECT AWARD WITH CASH PRIZE OF RS.50,000 IN DRUSE – DRDO
- 2018-BEST DEPARTMENT AWARD BY DR.KALAM EDUCATIONAL TRUST
- 2019 – TEAM SYGNITORS – BFKCT’19-KART RACING – BEST ASTHETICS AWARD
- 2019-FACULTY – YOUNG RESEARCHER AWARD BY RULA
- 2019-TEAM DIAMANDO MITSUBISHI ELECTRIC CUP 2019 – COMMENDABLE PERFORMANCE AWARD – CASH PRIZE RS10000 and secured 6 th place.
|1||University Rank Holders||11|
|2||Number of Students Placed||273|