Department of Management Studies is the most appropriate choice for aspirants looking for an MBA Programme and a specialization that is progressive, innovative and caters to industry demand. The program follows a design thinking curriculum that is redesigned as per the current Industry requirements.
In addition to regular and full-time faculty, experienced resource persons are usually invited from industry to provide critical insights on a particular topic/issue for all the courses. Faculty members are also actively associated with industry interaction seminars and National/ International Conferences. Such a portfolio helps them in both knowledge generation and dissemination and also in keeping constant touch with recent developments in the industry and other sectors, to make education and training programmes more meaningful and relevant. Faculty members are regularly publishing their work in reputed refereed national and international journals.
The case study methodology is practiced in all subjects to enhance the students’ knowledge about the practice of various companies. The programme offers two mini-projects, a month internship and an in-depth three months industrial project with an integrated professional and career growth across the study period for a better experience and exposure. Its advanced campus life, industry tie-ups & upgraded infrastructure attracts a large number of students every year.
Outbound Training, Management Meets and Entrepreneurial activities are conducted every year to expose the talents of the students in a different arena. The activity-based learning is ensured in the department by executing Quiz, Role Play, Puzzle, Debate, Group Discussion and Stock War to enhance the technical and practical knowledge of the students.
The Department of Management Studies has been ranked at higher grades consistently by premier rating agencies such as The Week, Business Today, The Higher Education Review, etc.
Vision & Mission
To become an internationally top ranking business school, focusing on providing quality education and unique opportunities to harness the knowledge and skills of the students, enabling with ethical practices and environmental consciousness in the dynamic business environment.
- Be a benchmark for the best business schools of the country
- Create a competitive environment for the students to upgrade their knowledge and sharpen their skills
- Imbibe holistic concern for business ethics and values
- Inculcate right attitude among students to become worthy citizens
- Encourage faculty to undertake research and consultancy assignments
- Foster continuous learning with updated/upgraded pedagogical methods
DEPARTMENT ACCREDITED AND RECOGNIZED BY
Type : Post Graduate
Student Intake : 120
Specializations Offered : Dual Mode
- Business Analytics
- Human Resource
For 24 years, SNS has set the standard of excellence as a renowned institution in the field of education. 2021 admissions are open now! Grab your chance and start your journey with us.
You are just one click away from us!Enquiry Now
DEPARTMENT OF MANAGEMENT STUDIES
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEO)
PEO 1: Graduates of the program will be provided with an effective educational foundation that prepares them to excel in leadership roles along with professional ethics and active participation required for a successful career.
PEO 2: Graduates of the program will be fostered with entrepreneurial spark and mindset
PEO 3: Graduates of the program will establish themselves as professionals by solving real problems through acquired knowledge along with team work, effective communication and critical thinking.
PEO 4: Graduates of the program will demonstrate their ability to sustain in a dynamic environment through the continuous learning and acquired skills.
PEO 5: Graduates of the program will be enhanced with the employability skills in accordance with the changing industry requirements.
PROGRAMME OUTCOMES (PO)
|PO – a||Develop a firm level of understanding of the key functions of business – Accounting, Finance, Management, Marketing, Management Information Systems, The Global Economy, and Operations Management.|
|PO – b||Integrate core business knowledge and apply that knowledge in the analysis and decisions-making process.|
|PO – c||Design and construct models, components, or processes as per needs and specifications in the modern business world.|
|PO – d||Increase efficiency and proficiency in collecting data, analyze and present appropriate research reports.|
|PO – e||Use the techniques, skills, and modern hardware and software tools necessary for taking and implementing managerial decisions.|
|PO – f||Create an ability to understand professional and social responsibility by identifying and enhancing knowledge in contemporary issues.|
|PO – g||Create an ability to understand of global environment and its impact on people, businesses and the economy.|
|PO – h||Recognize and address the ethical issues & values prevailing in the business environment.|
|PO – i||Apply conceptual knowledge for good decision making for both individual and group by using case analysis, projects and assignments.|
|PO – j||Implement leadership skills through effective communication.|
|PO – k||Create an ability to understand the impact of Managerial solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context.|
|PO – l||Ensure holistic development of students by recognizing the need for, and creating an ability to engage in life-long learning.|
PROGRAM SPECIFIC OUTCOMES (PSO’s)
PROGRAM SPECIFIC OUTCOME 1
- Formulate an integrative business project through the application of multidisciplinary knowledge comprising of Accounting, Finance, Operations, Management Information System, Marketing and Human Resources Management
PROGRAM SPECIFIC OUTCOME 2
- Employ financial decision models to select appropriate projects for a business enterprise and manage firm growth through strategies such as mergers, acquisitions, international expansion, and new venture development.
Every Lecture Hall in this department is similar to Executive Training Hall of leading companies. All Lecture Halls have Executive Furniture, LCDs, and Wi-fi enabled Internet as permanent fixtures. These facilities make teaching-learning process most modern, functional, and very effective
The Department Computer Centre has 64 networked personal computers with high bandwidth Internet connectivity. Wi-fi access system of Internet is operational throughout the campus
Supporting PM Initiatives Mapped with AICTE
Redesigning Common Mind And Business Towards Excellence
PARTNERSHIP / MEMBERSHIP IN PROFESSIONAL BODIES
- Membership with CMA ( Coimbatore Management Association )
- Membership with MMA (Madars Management Association )
- Department of Management Studies Organized Mega Event – “Tour De Force” on 30th January 2020 Ms.LAYA Founder & CEO of Apple Advertisement & Event Management
- Department of Management Studies Organized Mega Event – “Tour De Force” on 8th February 2019 Ms.Sanuja John Managing Director Sanju’z Group of Reatil Outlets
- Department of Management Studies Organized Mega Event – “Kovai Wonder Women” on 7th & 8th March 2020 – Vijay TV fame VJ Chitra was hosting the event.
- Department of Management Studies Organized Mega Event – “Kovai Wonder Women” on 8th, 9 th& 10th March 2019. Vijay TV fame VJ Ramya was hosting the event.
- Department of Management Studies Organized Mega Event – “Kovai Wonder Women” on 10th & 11th March 2018. Zee Taml fame VJ Archana was hosting the event.
- Department of Management Studies Organised Annual Day For MBA Department on 9th April 2019 Iakoka Mr.N.Subaramaniam, Chairman Franstek Belts Pvt
- Department of Management Studies Organized Finance Forum “Campus 2 Corporate” on 16th April 2016 Chief Guest Mr.N.Mukesh Kumar, Reginal HR, Mahindra Finance, Mr. Madhu R.Nair, Regional Manager – TN, Reliance Life Insurance
- Department of Management Studies Organised National Level HR Summit title “HR for HR on 16th March 2016 Guest Shri M.P.Saravananan, GM – HR, TI Cycles, Chennai, Shri.Lalith Sajan, Manager – HR, Exterro R&D Pt Ltd.
- Department of Management Studies Organised National Conference Emerging Trends in Management on 10.03.2013 Guest Mr.N.Mukesh Kumar Regional HR Manager, Mahindra Finance.
- Department of Management Studies Organised Campaign at Railway station SWACHH BHARAT CAMPAIGN on 01.10.2018 Mrs.Latha Sundaram Managing Trustee Aram Foundation Charitable Trust Coimbatore.
- Department of Management Studies Organised with Southern Railways and Aram Foundation Charitable Trust conducted awareness campaign to promote Swachh Bharat at Railway Station, Coimbatore on 01st October 2018.
NOTABLE DEPARTMENT ACHIEVEMENTS
- C Buds – This start-up has shown its credibility in organizing many events, naming few, Kovai Wonder Women, Out Bound Training to Teachers, Corporate Executives and Students of other colleges
- SNS Supply Chain Solution – This start-up will take care of the end to end process, right from procuring vegetables from farmers and deliver it to the needy people.
- Out Bound Training – VINAYANA is the noble initiative of the Department of Management Studies, SNS College of Technology offers experiential learning programme to the students.
- Consultancies – Department vigerously working on consultancy assignments and generated revenue via conducting Training and Event Management. So far Rs.4,28,000 revenue was generated from 20 projects.
- Focuses on Design Thinking base learning and innovation which iniginites entrepreneurial interest among students’ community. Producing considerable number of Entrepreneurs in every Batches
- G.Manisha, student of our departent won First Place in Cycling; 12th South Asian Games 2016 on 5th – 16th 2016 in Guwahati/ Shillong
- Ms.T Mayuri of first MBA won Gold Medal in an International Level Asian Yoga Championship held at Thailand
- Mr.C.Harish of First MBA Won First Place in State Level Weight lifting in Junior catergies
|1||University Rank Holders||27|
|2||Number of Students Placed||240|
|12||Consultancies||20 projects worth of Rs. 4,28,000|