The Department of Information Technology emerged in the year 2002 offers quality education to the budding young technocrats. The courses offered by the department are B.Tech. IT and M.Tech. IT. The department is manned by an energetic team of qualified, dedicated and experienced faculty members. The department distinguishes itself by producing competent software and networking professionals to fit today’s requirements. The department provides in-depth technical knowledge and opportunities for innovation and research. The B.Tech IT Programme is Permanently Affiliated to Anna University and accredited by National board of Accreditation (NBA) twice.
The department is equipped with modern Laboratories to meet the thrust areas of Industry. The department has established Centre for Excellence Big Data Analytics Lab with latest software such as hadoop, HDFS, HIVE etc. The department has ICT class rooms and network facilities to support e-learning, innovative teaching and research.
The Department has faculty members specialized in Data mining, Computer Networks, Soft Computing, Evolutionary Computing, Network Security, Cyber Security and Ethical Hacking, Big Data Analytics, Image Processing, Internet of Things, Cloud Computing and Mobile Computing.
Faculty Members organize and participate in several International and National Level Seminars, Conferences and Workshops to enrich the knowledge time to time. They have also published research papers in various peer reviewed National and International journals and presented papers in conferences. Periodic guest lectures and workshops are conducted for the students to supplement their curriculum and to make them industry ready professional. The Department has produced 2 Gold Medals, 19 University Ranks and maintains a graduation rate of 85% and above.
The Department also take initiatives to sign MOU with various industries and software companies. At present the department has tie up with 14 Industries for mutual benefits. Industry collaborative activities such as Internships, Industrial Visit, In Plant Training and Industrial Project are carried out to enhance their practical knowledge. Faculty members take up consultancy works from the industry/organization nearby, so far five consultancy projects were completed and generated revenue of about Rs.1,15,000/-.
The top recruiters of our department include Tech Mahindra, IBM, HP, TCS, CTS, UST GLOBAL, etc. Around 75% of our students get placed in the top companies through campus recruitment.
The Department formed “SNSCT Mozilla Campus Club” for the benefit of students with open source software. Faculty and Students are members of professional societies like Computer Society of India, ISTE, etc. Our students have received various prestigious awards viz “Best NSS Volunteer award” from Anna University Chennai [State level] and “Best Student Award” from Indian Society for Technical Education-Tamilnadu& Pondicherry Section. Our alumni have also received “Pat on the Back” and “Feather on the Cap” award from top IT giants like Tech Mahindra and WIPRO Technologies. Our department faculty members and students actively participate in extension activities like Computer Literacy Program, Awareness program on Usage of Electronic equipments, 100% Voting and H1N1 virus etc. as a part of social activity for the benefit of public, students and teachers.
Department of Information Technology aspires to evolve as centre of excellence in education and research by producing technically competent and innovative IT professionals to meet global challenges.
- To provide quality education in both theoretical and appliedconcepts of Information Technology
- To create an atmosphere for students and faculty for continuous learning, involve in research, apply and transfer technology
- To achieve effective interaction between industry and institution and develop indigenous and appropriate technologies beneficial to the society
- To impart professional ethics, social responsibilities, entrepreneur skills and value-based IT education.
DEPARTMENT ACCREDITED AND RECOGNIZED BY
For 23 years, SNS has set the standard of excellence as a renowned institution in the field of education. 2020 admissions are open now! Grab your chance and start your journey with us.
You are just one click away from us!Enquiry Now
DEPARTMENT OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEO)
- PEO 1: Graduate will possess core competence in mathematics, science and engineering fundamentals necessary to solve hardware and software engineering problems.
- PEO 2: Graduate will excel in core and allied subjects of IT and use them to comprehend, analyze, design and create novel products and softwares for real world problems.
- PEO 3: Graduate will exhibit leadership, entrepreneurial and communication skills with positive impact of technology on mankind.
- PEO 4: Graduate will exercise professionalism with social concern, ethics and codes of practice.
- PEO 5: Graduate will have self-directed and life-long learning to excel in the professional career
PROGRAMME OUTCOMES (PO)
|PO-a||Engineering Knowledge||Apply knowledge of mathematics, science, computing, algorithmic principles, and engineering theory in solving real-world problems.|
|PO-b||Problem Analysis||Analyze complex IT related problem, identify and define the computing requirements to arrive feasible solutions.|
Development of solutions
|Design and develop a system or software with safety and environmental consideration.|
|PO-d||Conduct Investigations of complex problems||Study, investigate, interpret data and perform analysis of complex problems to produce meaningful conclusions and recommendations.|
|PO-e||Modern Tool usage||Use modern engineering techniques and software tools in the core areas of IT.|
|PO-f||The Engineer and Society||Analyze the impact of engineering in societal, health, safety, legal, and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities.|
|PO-g||Environment and Sustainability||Understand the impact of IT solutions in societal and environmental contexts and the need for sustainable development with an orientation to optimize resource utilization.|
|PO-h||Ethics||Adhere the ethical principles and follow the norms of engineering practices with social responsibility.|
|PO-i||Individual and Team Work||Function as an individual and in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.|
|PO-j||Communication||Communicate effectively by being able to comprehend and prepare documentation of hardware and software systems.|
|PO-k||Project management and finance||Apply engineering and management techniques and skills to estimate the time and resources needed to complete IT projects.|
|PO-l||Life-long learning||Recognize the importance of professional development and eengage in lifelong learning that offer challenging and rewarding careers in computing.|
PROGRAM SPECIFIC OUTCOMES (PSO’s)
PROGRAM SPECIFIC OUTCOME 1
- Analyse and develop software systems related to algorithms, software engineering, web technologies, data analytics, and networking to solve real world problems.
PROGRAM SPECIFIC OUTCOME 2
- Practice modern computing techniques by continuous learning with ethical concern in establishing innovative career path as employee or employer.
All the classrooms are spacious, well ventilated and equipped with WIFI facility, Newspaper stand and Glass Board. Besides all classroom are fitted with colour blinds to reduce the glare during ICT usage. Overhead Projector with UPS connection for uninterrupted power supply. One – third of classes are equipped with Smartboard for the enhanced learning experience. All the classroom also provided with Notice board which dispalys latest programs and other information related to particular class
To cope up with modern technology we have well equipped cad/cam laboratory including 3D printing, IoT lab with softwares like Ansys, Solid edge, NXCAM and LabVIEW. We have around 72 systems with advanced configuration. Every year around 75 students are trained in value added courses like Ansys, solid edge, solid works, CATIA, Creo etc. Through our Autodesk & Ansys certified 11 faculty members.
PLC, HMI & SCADA LABORATORY
Thermal Laboratory provides lot of opportunity to the students to study different types of IC engine, boiler performance study and to do their innovative projects. The performance test, and heat balance test, can be carried in variety of IC engines like petrol/diesel fuelled with single and multi-cylinder engines with mechanical, electrical, hydraulic loading devices. The Variable Compression Ratio (VCR) Engine Test Setup (Kirolskar made) is used for conducting test. It uses Eddy Current Dynamometer for loading the engine. Engine tests were conducted using various blends of biodiesel with variable compression ratio. The modern digital gas analyzer and AVL smoke meter is available to do emission and smoke test.
CAM Laboratory equipped with one cnc trainer lathe (two axis machine) and cnc milling machine with NX CAM Software.
students trained with both the machine and providing industrial exposure in production area.Throgh this laboratory,Students can get know the right way to handle all kinds of cnc machine.Faculty and students are also doing many research projects and published the paper through this laboratory. Received the fund of Rs 15 Lakhs to Modernize the CAM Laboratory through Flexible manufacturing System under AICTE MODROBS Scheme
All kinds of Tools, equipments and safety equipments for Plumbing, Welding, carpentry and sheet metal fabrication are avaliable in this lab. TIG and MIG welding equipments for highend appplications are also available. This labs mainly helps to develop prototypes, Karts for National Level competition and other working model demos can be created in this lab by students.
MICRO PROCESSOR & MICRO CONTROLLER LABORATORY
Fluid Power control lab is the part of a modular program of mechanical engineering. This lab covers all hydraulics and pneumatics applications that answer the needs of students at any educational level or specialization. The lab enables students to understand the fundamentals of properties of fluids.Fluid Power control laboratory including HYDROSIM & PNEUMOSIM Software , LabVIEW software and basic pneumatic kit.
SENSORS AND SIGNAL PROCESSING LABORATORY
This lab helps to give exposure about all kinds of machining process from all kinds of Lathe operations to drilling, gear Hobbing, gear Cutting, VMC , Sloting and grinding. The lab is also equipped with Surface Roughness tester to check the machined surface finish.
Supporting PM Initiatives Mapped with AICTE
Redesigning Common Mind And Business Towards Excellence
PARTNERSHIP / MEMBERSHIP IN PROFESSIONAL BODIES
Department of Information Technology got Membership with SAE Collegate Club, ISTE & IE (I) for benefits of Faculties and Students.
- Department of IT & CSE International conference titled “International Conference on Soft computing and Network Security- ICSNS” was conducted during February 2014 in collaboration with Kyungpook National University and IEEE.
- Technical symposium “Texperia” is conducted every year with external participants.
- Department of IT & CSE organized International conference titled “International Conference on Soft computing and Network Security- ICSNS” was conducted during February 2018 in collaboration with Kyungpook National University and IEEE.”
NOTABLE DEPT ACHIEVEMENTS
- Program offered by the department are B.Tech (IT).
- Department is Accredited by NBA & Permanently Affiliated to AU.
- Department having 2 Ph.D. Holders and 03 Ph.D. pursuing faculty members.
- Tutor-ward system, Counseling is provided suitably to all students.
- Graduation rate of the department is more than 90 percentage.
- Department Placement for past 3 years is more than 80 percentage.
- Department holds two gold medals and 27 university ranks.
- Department stands first in the graduation rate for the past two batches.
- Overall success rate of the department is 85% over three years.
- BOT Lab-Established in Association with Automation Anywhere University, installed the RPA.
- Software worth of Rs.75 Lakhs for the knowledge enhancement of students.
- 198 Research Publication in Journals, 174 Conference Publications.
- Grant of Rs.3, 27,045 received to conduct seminar and workshop from various external funding agencies such as CSIR, AICTE and so on.
- The Department formed SNSCT Mozilla Campus Club for the benefit of students with open source software.
- Technical symposium Texperia is conducted every year with external participants.
- The software freedom day is conducted every year with the aim of promoting usage of Open Source software.
- National conference titled National Conference on Network Intelligence and Computing Systems – NCNICS every year to support students and research community.
- International conference titled International Conference on soft computing and Network Security- ICSNS was conducted during February 2014 in collaboration with Kyungpook National University and IEEE.
- The next conference in scheduled to organize during February 2018.
- 100 Mbps Internet facility with Wi-Fi connectivity wide campus.
- Industry offered Courses- Composing mobile Apps, Business Intelligence -Data Warehousing and Analytics Big Data Analytics & IOT (Infosys), Digital Marketing (Verticurl).
- Department hold two ISTE Student Award and ten Alumni Awards.
|1||University Rank Holders||28|
|2||Number of Students Placed||200|