The Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering was started in the year 2002. The department is accredited by NBA, New Delhi. It offers a full-time B.E. degree programme in Electronics and Communication Engineering with an intake of 180 and full time in M.E. VLSI Design with an intake of 18. The department has an adequate infrastructure with well-equipped laboratories. The core members of the faculty have rich academic experience and wide industrial and research exposure. The department helps to create quality professionals through interactive and effective teaching methods to implant in-depth knowledge to cater to the needs of core industries.
Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering is offering technology-oriented courses and creating manpower in the strategic areas well compatible with industrial expectations. The main vision of the department is to mould tomorrow’s technocrats by imbibing the essence of human values for innovation and creativity in science and technology towards building a peaceful self-sustaining Nation. Further, to set standards in teaching and learning incessantly for making a bright career path for the students and to establish a state-of-the-art centre for excellence in research.
The department envisages the wide spectrum of areas including, Electronics circuits, Signal processing, Communication Technology, Biomedical Instrumentation and other applied areas focusing on making a brighter career path.
The department has been strengthened by its reputed faculty members from recognized Universities and organizations. Research is the prime focus for the faculty and students who put in their efforts to produce tangible outcomes in the form of publications, patents and funded projects.
Students are given broad opportunities for relevant skill development apart from regular academics in order to make them competitive and industry-ready. In addition, special training in national / International level tests for fellowships for higher studies.
The department also conducts workshops, symposia and faculty development programs regularly for improving the teaching and learning quality. Also, the department is involved in social development programs to make an impact on its development and awareness.
Vision & Mission
The Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering focuses to excel in teaching, learning and research in various aspects of Engineering and Technology to nurture and bring up technocrats to compete on a global platform with strong ethical values to match their skillset.
- To pursue curricula depicting contemporary educational experience that facilitates creativity and critical thinking.
- To infuse knowledge acquisition by providing state-of-art equipment and academic freedom to produce dynamic engineers and successful entrepreneurs.
- To collaborate with renowned Industries, International Universities, Government bodies, and R&D Organizations to practice emerging technologies and gain worldwide eminence.
- To inculcate integrity, leadership qualities, social and ethical values to emerge as a responsible citizen.
DEPARTMENT ACCREDITED AND RECOGNIZED BY
For 23 years, SNS has set the standard of excellence as a renowned institution in the field of education. 2020 admissions are open now! Grab your chance and start your journey with us.
You are just one click away from us!Enquiry Now
All the classrooms are spacious, well ventilated and equipped with Wi-Fi facility, Newspaper stand and Glass Board. Besides all classroom are fitted with colour blinds to reduce the glare during ICT usage. Overhead Projector with UPS connection for uninterrupted power supply. One – third of classes are equipped with Smartboard for the enhanced learning experience. All the classroom also provided with Notice board which dispalys latest programs and other information related to particular class
Electronics Laboratory provides lot of opportunity to the students to study different types of electronic devices like Diodes, BJT, JFET, MOSFET, SCR. etc. Students are able to understand the characteristics of various electronic devices which help them to do innovative projects. Realtime implementation of half wave and full wave rectifiers, Design and frequency analysis of single stage and multistage Amplifiers, Design and implementation of Darlington Amplifier and Differential amplifier. Feedback amplifiers etc can be implemented. This laboratory is also equipped with simulation softwares like PSPICE, MULTISIM etc. Students are grouped into small teams and guided to do their mini projects.
VLSI DESIGN LABORATORY
The objective of this VLSI laboratory is to teach the details of Digital and Analogue IC Design and Manufacturing Process to the undergraduate as well as postgraduate students. The VLSI laboratory is well equipped with 30 high end PCs with various licensed soft wires and 10 Xilinx Spartan 3E FPGA Boards for students. Both B.E & M.E students utilize this laboratory for their project work as well. The students use Programming Languages like VHDL, Verilog, etc. to do their course work and project work.
DIGITAL SIGNAL PROCESSING (DSP) LABORATORY
DSP laboratory plays a vital role in understanding of various signal processing techniques and algorithms. Students are encouraged to develop algorithms and implement it in both MATLAB and DSP processors. This laboratory is also used by both UG and PG students. In addition to above, this laboratory also facilitates students who want to do minor and major projects in the area of signal processing.
Student understanding of fundamental networking concepts and increase enthusiasm for experimentation with complex technology. Able to understand systems view of networking starting with individual links, then routers, and finally the entire network. Able to Configure different network scenarios. Measure simple statistics to track functionality and performance. Exercises can be constructed to provide a good learning experience through a structured exposure to networking concepts using the multiple perspectives.
This laboratory provides facilities for the use of 8/16 bit microprocessors/microcontrollers and their interfacing for different applications, using hardware and software concepts to meet industry standards. Students learn about assembly language programming, CPU, memory and I/O design, interfacing of programmable chips and peripherals such as stepper motors, Analog-to-digital and digital-to-Analog converters and various sensors. They acquire the practical skills sufficient to design and realize advanced processor like PIC and ARM.
OPTICAL & MICROWAVE LABORATORY
This laboratory helps the students understand the basics of Microwave Engineering Concepts and gives a detailed description of the working principle of microwave components. Students are able to understand the basic working principle of different radars, antennas, Fibre optics communication, LASER diode principles and Television working principles.
COMMUNICATION SYSTEMS LABORATORY
The communication laboratory of the department is adequately equipped to conduct the experiments on Analog and digital communication. This laboratory provides a platform to the students to understand the basics of Analog and digital communication systems, modulation techniques, data transmission, multiplexing, etc. This laboratory is equipped with RF Transmitter, Spectrum Analyzers, Signal Generators, Digital Storage Oscilloscopes, modulation modules, etc.
LINEAR INTEGRATED CIRCUIT LABORATORY
This lab helps the students to understand the basics of integrated circuits and the characteristics of operational amplifiers. In this laboratory students get a very good exposure to the use of operational amplifiers for the design of both linear and non-linear applications. Linear integrated circuit laboratory is equipped with equipment’s such as Digital mustimeter’s, Digital IC testers, Analog IC tester, Cathode ray oscilloscopes, Single and dual power supplies, Function generators, Linear IC trainer kits, Analog to Digital converters (ADCs) and Digital to Analog converters (DACs) etc.
DIGITAL ELECTRONICS LABORATORY
This lab takes care of the understanding of the design of various digital electronics circuit components and implementations taught at undergraduate level. Lab is well equipped with the latest signal generators, oscilloscopes, digital trainer kits and measuring instruments. Students of various branches design and test their Analog/digital/mixed signals, digital circuits as part of their curriculum. Guidance is provided to the students by a team of expert faculty and lab technicians.
PG RESEARCH LABORATORY
This lab is well equipped with modern computing facility having high speed internet connectivity for the thesis and research work of UG and PG students. This laboratory is engaged with research activities in various domains such as VLSI, Communication, IoT Applications, Device modelling and Networking. This laboratory is equipped with advanced research softwires like Cadence, Xilinx, MATLAB, LABVIEW and OrCAD.
ELECTRONICS SYSTEM DESIGN LABORATORY
The curriculum was designed by experts chosen from researchers, industrialists and academicians, to meet the today’s demands of the Industry as well as Research Groups. The syllabus is focusing on various areas like Real Time Systems, RTOS, Wireless and Embedded Networking, etc. The available software packages include Modelsim, Keil software for ARM processor, C Compiler, RTOS and target boards.
ELECTRONIC DEVICES AND CIRCUITS LABORATORY
Students are made familiar with electronic circuits and their intended use in various applications. This Laboratory is primarily aimed to meet the requirements of practical work meant for Active Components basic analysis, designing and testing of Amplifier and Oscillators etc. All basic Electronic devices and their characteristics, applications can be studied. Using these devices, the small electronic circuits can be constructed and analysed their performance in this laboratory.
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEO)
PEO – I:
To practice in the field of Electronics and Communication Engineering in a responsible, highly commendable, and in a ethical manner in the general areas like electronics circuit design, advanced communication systems used in industrial and government organizations which is useful to the society.
PEO – II:
To possess the necessary communication and leadership skills to function effectively in a professional multi-disciplinary environment, to cater the need for the industry.
PEO – III:
To exhibit success in solving complex technical problems in a broad range of disciplines subject to quality engineering processes, team work activities, and professional ethics.
PEO – IV:
Continue to develop professionally through life-long learning, and other creative pursuits in advanced technology, which can be exposed to the global level.
PROGRAMME OUTCOMES (PO)
|PO 1||Basic Engineering knowledge: Apply knowledge of mathematics, science and engineering fundamental concepts appropriate to the discipline of electronics and communication engineering to bring out innovative and novelistic solutions.|
|PO 2||Problem analysis: Identify, formulate and solve complex problems to achieve conclusions using mathematical principles and engineering sciences.|
|PO 3||Design and Implement: Design systems to meet the desired needs within realistic constraints such as public health, safety and environmental considerations.|
|PO 4||Conduct investigations: Design and conduct experiments, investigation on research-based projects and apply practical knowledge to obtain solutions.|
|PO 5||Techno tool usage: Use of modern tools to create, predict and model the complex engineering concepts with an understanding of limitations.|
|PO 6||Professional Engineering Ethics: Apply reasoning informed by contextual knowledge to assess the local and global issues in the society relevant to the professional engineering practice.|
|PO 7||Environment and sustainability: Examine the impact of the professional engineering solutions in global and environmental concepts and utilize the knowledge for sustainable developments in changing environments.|
|PO 8||Ethical Principles: Develop consciousness of professional ethics in social issues, responsibilities and norms of engineering practice.|
|PO 9||Multidisciplinary Talents: Function effectively as an individual and as a team leader in diverse teams and to accomplish a common goal.|
|PO 10||Communication: Communicate engineering activities effectively for documentation and presentations and to give clear instructions to the engineering community and society.|
|PO 11||Management Qualities: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding management principles to apply at one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team.|
|PO 12||Life-long learning: Recognize the ability to demonstrate resourcefulness for contemporary issues and lifelong learning in the broadest technological change.|
PROGRAM SPECIFIC OUTCOMES (PSO’s)
PROGRAM SPECIFIC OUTCOME 1
- The ability to comprehend the basic concepts of electronics and apply them in the day to day life to design and execute complete engineering systems.
PROGRAM SPECIFIC OUTCOME 2
- To design, verify and validate electronic functional elements for numerous applications including signal processing, communications and computer networks.
PROGRAM SPECIFIC OUTCOME 3
- An ability to communicate on an intellectual level with peer engineers and others to work together to arrive at cost-effective and appropriate solution to various problems at hand.
Supporting PM Initiatives Mapped with AICTE
Redesigning Common Mind And Business Towards Excellence
PARTNERSHIP / MEMBERSHIP IN PROFESSIONAL BODIES
Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering got Membership with IEEE, ISTE, IETE, IEEE Photonic Societies, IEEE Electron Device Society for benefit of Faculty and Students.
- Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering Organized Idea Show down Project Contest for the External Participants on 14th February 2020.
- Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering Organized a National Level Project Contest Exclusively for the Polytechnic Students on 11th March 2020.
- Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering Organized Project Show down Project Contest for the External Participants on 27th February 2019.
- Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering Organized Project Expo Contest for the External Participants on 15th March 2018.
- Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering Organized Project Combat Project Contest for the External Participants on 01st February 2017.
- Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering Organized Proyecto Launch Project Contest for the External Participants on 25th September 2015.
- Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering Organized Business Bazzar 17th Febraury 2017
- An International Guest Lecture on “Changing the world with new G” by Mr.Swamy Vasudevan, Vice President,Ericsson North America, United States of America on 01st August 2019. Around 127 members from the student community benefited from the session”
- Guest Lecture on “Job Opportunities in abroad” by Dr.D.Yuvaraj, Professor, Cihan University,Iraq on 16th August 2019.Around 125 members from the student community benefited from the session.”
- A Seminar on ISTE Sponsored International seminar “Deep learning versus conventional Neural Network in Image processing” by Mr.A.Mohamed Uvaze Ahamed, Faculty of Computing and Informatics, Multimedia University, Cyberjaya, Malaysia on 05th January 2017.Around 102 members from the student community benefited from the session.”
NOTABLE DEPT ACHIEVEMENTS
- Department is accredited by NBA and NAAC.
- Anna University Recognized Research Center.
- Department having 8 Ph.D. Holders and 10 Ph.D. pursuing faculty members.
- Department having 4 Anna University Recognized Supervisors
- Department filed 18 patents in the last three years
- Faculty members published 14 books in the last five years
- Department H-Index is 16 and Faculty members published 23 SCI Indexed journals in the last five years
- Faculty members serving as Editorial board members and Reviewers of reputed journal publishers like IEEE Transactions, Elsevier, Springer, Wiley and Taylor & Francis.
- Department having two international MoU’s
- Department has organized three time Entreprenuership Awareness Camp (EAC) in our campus in assosciation with Entrepreneurship Development Institute of India, Ahmedabad.
- Dr. K. Kalai Selvi Received Ms. Responsibility Award for SNS Annual Leadership Award conducted by SNS Institutions
- Mrs. S. Prema Received Emerging Researcher Award conducted by International Institute of Organized Research 2019
- Mr. T. Prabhu Received Bright Researcher Award conducted by International Institute of Organized Research 2019
- Mr. A. Karthikeyan Received Appreciation Award for India Innovation Challenge Design Contest conducted by Texas Instruments 2019
- Mrs. J. Jayageetha Received Appreciation Award for India Innovation Challenge Design Contest conducted by Texas Instruments 2019
- Mr. A. Anandharaja Received Teacher Innovation Award ZIIEI( Zero investments innovation for educators initiatives 2019.
- Mr. A. Karthikeyan Received Best paper Award conducted by Novel Research Academy 2019
- Mr. A. Anandharaja Received Teacher Innovation Award ZIIEI( Zero investments innovation for educators initiatives 2019.
- Mr.G.NaveenBalaji Received Bright Engineer Award 2019 by Green ThinkerZ Awards 2019Dr. J. Ajayan has been elected as the Chair of IEEE Electron Devices Society, Coimbatore Chapter in April 2020.
- Dr. J. Ajayan has been selected as a Guest editor for the special issue entitled “P2P Computing for Beyond 5G Network (B5G) and Internet-of-Everything (IoE)” in SCI Indexed journal Peer-to-Peer Networking and Applications. Publisher: Springer.
- Dr. J. Ajayan has been selected as a Guest editor for the special issue entitled “Special Issue on Energy Harvesting Devices, Circuits and Systems for Internet of Things” in SCI Indexed journal Microelectronics. Publisher: Elsevier.
- Mr.G.NaveenBalaji Received YOUNG SCIENTIST-2018 Award conducted by the International Centre, Dona Paula, Panjim,Goa. on 28.10.2018
- Mr.G.NaveenBalaji Received I2OR- Outstanding Researcher Award 2018 conducted by International Institute of Organized Research 2018
- Dr. B.Sivasankari Received EXCELLENCE RESEARCHER IN VLSI award conducted by Hotel Breeze Residency, Trichy on 12.11.2018
- Dr. J. Ajayan Received Best Young Researcher in Nanoelectronic Semiconductor Devices award conducted by Hotel Breeze Residency, Trichy on 2.11.2018
- Mr.S. Vigneshwaran Received Acitve Young Researcher Award conducted by the International research Publication 2018
- Mr. A. Karthikeyan Received Bright Researcher Award conducted by International Institute of Organized Research 2018
- Mrs.S. Prema Received Appreciation Award for India Innovation Challenge Design Contest conducted by Texas Instruments 2018
- Mrs.A. Gauthami Received Appreciation Award for India Innovation Challenge Design Contest conducted by Texas Instruments 2018
- Mrs.R. Prabha Received Appreciation Award for India Innovation Challenge Design Contest conducted by Texas Instruments 2018
- Mr. M. Jagadesh Received Appreciation Award for India Innovation Challenge Design Contest conducted by Texas Instruments 2018
- Mr. M. Saravanan Received Appreciation Award for India Innovation Challenge Design Contest conducted by Texas Instruments 2018
- Mr. A. Anandharaja Received Appreciation Award for India Innovation Challenge Design Contest conducted by Texas Instruments 2018
- Mr. S. Saravanan Received Appreciation Award for India Innovation Challenge Design Contest conducted by Texas Instruments 2018
- Mr. S. Vigneswaran Received Appreciation Award for India Innovation Challenge Design Contest conducted by Texas Instruments 2018
- Mr. T. Prabhu Received Appreciation Award for India Innovation Challenge Design Contest conducted by Texas Instruments 2018
- Dr. K. Kalai Selvi Received Exemplary Teacher Award by Institute of Engineering and Technology on 07.10.2017
- Mr.G.NaveenBalaji Received Innovative Research and Dedicated Teaching Professional Award by the Society of Innovative Educationalist & Scientific Research Professional (SIESRP) accredited with Innovative Scientific Research Professional Malaysia (ISRP-M) along with Kathir College of Engineering, Coimbatore at the International Awards & Honors Convocation 2018, Hotel Le Meridien, Coimbatore, 25.03.2018.”
- Mr.G.NaveenBalaji Received Best Teaching Faculty – 2017 by Dr. Kalam Educational Trust for Tribal (Reg. No. 135/2015), Chennai held at Dr. NGP Arts and Science College, Kalapatti, Coimbatore, 12.05.2018.
|1||University Rank Holders||21|
|2||Number of Students Placed||661|