The department was established in the year 2005 with an intake of 60 students. In the e-world, the role of Electrical & Electronics Engineers has come into sharp focus. This department offers one undergraduate programme (B.E.) and one post-graduate programme (M.E. in Power Systems). The following basic courses such as electrical machines, power electronics, power systems and special courses like FACTS, HVDC and Power Quality are given as electives for the students. The department has 8 well-structured laboratories for UG students such as Power System Simulation Laboratory, Power Electronics Laboratory, Power Electronics and Drives Laboratory, Electronics Design Laboratory, Electrical machines Laboratory, Control Systems Laboratory, Electric circuits Laboratory and Engineering Practices Laboratory. An exclusive research laboratory with 40 systems for PG students which include software packages such as MATLAB, ETAP, Lab VIEW, PSPICE, ORCAD, PSCAD etc. The department has an excellent team of rich experienced and dedicated faculty members in different domains such as Power Electronics and Drives, Power Systems, Embedded Systems and Applied Electronics. About 60 percent of the faculty members are pursuing their research in a different area under Anna University. The department has signed MoU’s with different manufacturing industries and undertaken consultancy works in the recent development area. The Department is recognized as a Research Centre by Anna University and many research scholars are pursuing their research. The department has received permanent affiliation from Anna University and it is accredited by NBA-AICTE for UG programme.
The faculty members have a strong sense of responsibility to provide the best possible education for both postgraduate and undergraduate students. The academic strength of the faculty is reflected by the alumni, many of whom are in the top positions of industry and academia both in India and abroad. The Department has built an excellent reputation for its graduates in terms of placements. The department faculty members are frequently interacting with internationally reputed persons to get technical support in their respective domains for the benefit of research and other activities.
The field of Electrical and Electronics Engineering(EEE) is proud to be one of the core engineering branches. Being the oldest department of this Institution, the EEE department has established a centre of excellence to enhance the core competencies of the students and faculty.
- To impart quality education committed to innovation and excellence in teaching, learning and research in Electrical Engineering field to cater the challenges of advance technologies and prepare globally competent Electrical Engineers with ethical values for serving individuals and society.
- To provide innovative and quality education programme for producing qualified. Electrical Engineers to serve the nation and society with professional integrity and ethical values
- To provide state of art resources for creating encouraging teaching and learning experiences.
- To impart with basic knowledge, interdisciplinary problem solving skills, social awareness and confidence required to excel in their chosen profession.
- To establish a conducive atmosphere for collaborative research and consultancy to produce engineers with a spirit of entrepreneurship.
- To produce industry ready graduates through industrial collaboration and other technical activities.
ACCREDITATION AND RECOGNITION OF DEPARTMENT
For 24 years, SNS has set the standard of excellence as a renowned institution in the field of education. 2021 admissions are open now! Grab your chance and start your journey with us.
You are just one click away from us!Enquiry Now
All the classrooms are spacious, well ventilated and equipped with WIFI facility, Newspaper stand and Glass Board. Besides all classroom are fitted with colour blinds to reduce the glare during ICT usage. Overhead Projector with UPS connection for uninterrupted power supply. One – third of classes are equipped with Smartboard for the enhanced learning experience. All the classroom also provided with Notice board which dispalys latest programs and other information related to particular class
POWER SYSTEM SIMULATION LABORATORY
The primary goal of the simulation laboratory is to solve the real-world problems safely and efficiently. It provides the modelling and analysis of power system / power electronics situations which is easily verified, communicated, and understood.This laboratory consist of simulations facilities such as MATLAB and ETAP software packages in order to meet their requirements of UG – Electrical and Electronics Engineering Profession. It is equipped with 30 computers, high speed server, ICT enabled structure with all scanning and printing facilities.
POWER ELECTRONICS AND DRIVES LABORATORY
Power Electronics and Drives lab is an important laboratory for UG, PG and Doctorate programmes. This lab enhances the students by providing them the better understanding of the concepts and working of advanced power semiconductor devices and power electronics circuits. The state of art equipment consist of smart power module with closed loop system, FPGA / DSP based power converters, PLC based drives are utilized to control the electrical machines such as AC motor, DC motor, BLDC motor and SRM motor. This lab also provides the platform for the UG / PG students to perform and check their multi-disciplinary design project. PhD Scholars are also made to utilize this special drive system. This laboratory is utilized by various disciplines of engineers.
ELECTRICAL MACHINES LABORATORY
Electrical Machines Laboratory is the primary laboratory in EEE discipline. This laboratory is general enough to hold many number of experiments for monitoring, diagnosing and exposing the principles of all rotating machines and transformers. The experiments like load test, open circuit / short circuit tests, speed control tests and special tests are carried in order to determine various performance analysis such as internal / external, electrical / mechanical characteristics. The state of art equipment consist of rectifier, motor-generator set, motor- alternator set, induction motor, synchronous motor, variety of transformers and different loads. The laboratory is also utilized for research activities in energy conversion sector. This laboratory is utilized by various disciplines of engineers.
CONTROL SYSTEMS AND CIRCUITS LABORATORY
This laboratory focus on the basic concepts of circuits, control, research, design and development of various circuits and processes. This laboratory consist of simulation and hardware experiments, enhancing the knowledge in various theorems, resonance, steady state / transient, transfer functions and various responses of control system. This laboratory equipped with CRO, signal generators and several trainer kits.
ENGINEERING PRACTICES LABORATORY
Engineering Practices laboratory is the basement of all Engineering laboratories. It is sub divided into Electrical Wiring and Basic Electronics. Here the students obtain the basic knowledge on different types of wiring circuits, various tools, all measuring instruments, PCB, soldering practices etc. They can also gain knowledge in trouble shooting various electrical gadgets like ceiling fan, mixer, lighting apparatus, etc.All disciplines of engineering will do experiments in this laboratory and acquires a strong foundation in their branch of study.
PG RESEARCH LABORATORY
The PG Research Laboratory is developed to enhance the research capabilities for Power Engineers in the department. Postgraduate and Research Scholars utilize this laboratory for rapid technology transfer in various domains in the field of power systems and power electronics. ICT enabled, higher end version computers with internet is the facility of the laboratory. It is also enabled with IEEE explorer. The laboratory gives provisions for conducting National/ International conferences, Symposiums, FDPs, STTPs, Workshop etc.
grace and wit, reminders of order,
calm and continuity,
lakes of mental energy,
neither warm nor cold,
light nor dark.
The pleasure they give is steady,
deep and long-lasting.
Germaine Greer “
DEPARTMENT OF ELECTRICAL AND ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEO)
- PEO-1: Graduates will have the capability to succeed in the industry by adapting the contemporary technologies and to cater to the needs of the industry and society.
- PEO-2: Graduates will have core engineering knowledge and software skills to understand, analyze and design Electrical and Electronics Engineering products and provide solutions for the real time applications.
- PEO-3: Graduates will inculcate professional and ethical attitude, teamwork skills and leadership along with multi disciplinary approach.
- PEO-4: By pursuing higher studies, graduates will practice lifelong learning for continuing professional development.
PROGRAMME OUTCOMES (PO’s)
- PO – a: Engineering Knowledge: Ability to apply knowledge of Mathematics, Science and Engineering to solve problems related to Electrical Engineering.
- PO – b: Problem Analysis: Ability to identify, formulate, review research literature and analysis problems of Electrical Engineering.
- PO – c: Design/Development of solution : Ability to design a system, component or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability and sustainability.
- PO – d: Conduct Investigations of complex problems: Ability to design and conduct experiments as well as to analyze and interpret data.
- PO – e: Modern Tool Usage: Ability to create and use appropriate techniques, skills and modern engineering tools for modeling and simulation.
- PO – f: The Engineer Society: Ability to reason and access contextual issues such as societal, healthy, safety, legal and cultural.
- PO – g: Environment and Sustainability: Ability to apply Electrical Engineering principles for sustainable environmental development.
- PO – h: Ethics: Ability to understand professional and ethical responsibility.
- PO – i: Individual and Team Work: Ability to function in multi disciplinary teams.
- PO – j: Communication: Ability to communicate effectively for delivering instructions and preparing effective reports, design documentations related to engineering activities.
- PO – k: Project Management and Finance: Ability to use engineering knowledge and management principles to manage diversified projects as an individual and a member or a leader of a team.
- PO – l: Life-Long Learning : Ability to engage in life-long Learning
PROGRAM SPECIFIC OUTCOMES (PSO’s)
- PSO-1 – Critically evaluate and obtain solutions for electrical and electronics engineering problems by suitable mathematical approaches and procedures.
- PSO-2 – Design, simulate and develop systems for applications including electrical drives, power systems and control systems using appropriate tools.
- PSO-3 – Acquire the leadership skill by participating in a team performing laboratory exercise, project works and industry related problems.
Our Faculty Team
Supporting PM Initiatives Mapped with AICTE
Redesigning Common Mind And Business Towards Excellence
PARTNERSHIP / MEMBERSHIP IN PROFESSIONAL BODIES
- Department of EEE organised, 12th National Level Student Technical Common Symposium- TEXPERIA 2020 on 15.02.2020
- Department of EEE organised, 11th National Level Student Technical Common Symposium- TEXPERIA 2019 on 27.02.2019
- Department of EEE organised, 11th National Level Student Technical Common Symposium- TEXPERIA 2018 on 15.03.2018
- Department of EEE organised, 10th National Level Student Technical Common Symposium- TEXPERIA 2017 on 01.02.2017
- Department of EEE organised, 9th National Level Student Technical Common Symposium- TEXPERIA 2016 on 30 .09 2016
- 10 th National Conference on “Advancement in Electrical Sciences” NCAES ‘ 19
- 9th National Conference on “Advancement in Electrical Sciences” NCAES ‘ 18
- 7th National Conference on “Advancement in Electrical Sciences” NCAES ‘ 16
- 6th National Conference on “Advancement in Electrical Sciences” NCAES ‘ 15
- Department of EEE in Association with Rotary Galaxy Coimbatore organised RYLA (Rotary Youth Leasership Awards) on 07.02.2020
NOTABLE DEPT ACHIEVEMENTS
- Manikandan of II year Won First Prize with 3000 cash prize in the event “Device Cracking” KALAM 2020 at Sri Shakthi Institute of Engineering and Technology on 08.02.2020
- Dinesh Kumar.S of II year Won First Prize with 3000 cash prize in the event “Device Cracking” KALAM 2020 at Sri Shakthi Institute of Engineering and Technology on 08.02.2020
- Manjari.R of II year won first place in the event of EXTENDORE in WARFARE’19 in Kumaraguru College of Technology on 11.10.2019
- TEAM ADROIT ARRAY of IV EEE bagged with 2 awards 1.People Choice Award Rs.10,000 /- 2.ISIE Future Award worth Rs.50,000 /- Scholarships from ISIE. IKR 2019, National Kart Racing event hosted by Imperial Society of Innovative Engineer, Final round held at Galgotias University & Buddh International Circuit, Greater Noida. (From 04-02-2019 to 08-02-2019)
- TEAM ADROIT ARRAY of Final year and Second Year EEE bagged with 3 awards 1.Best Crosspad 2.Best Endurance 3.1 st Runner Up(Go-Kart Category). For the first time in the history of SNS Group Of Institution a team has won the overall Runner Up trophy. Champion of Champions, National Kart Racing event was sponsored by Andhra Pradesh Government and hosted by Imperial Society of Innovative Engineers. Final rounds held at KL University, Guntur,Andhra Pradesh. (From 22-02-2019 to 26-02-2019)
- TEAM ISKARZ of III EEE Participated in IKR 2019, National Kart Racing event hosted by Imperial Society of Innovative Engineer, Final round held at Galgotias University & Buddh International Circuit, Greater Noida. (From 04-02-2019 to 08-02-2019)
- Mr.V.R.Kamesh of II Year EEE _ Leads the Contingent representing “Tamil Nadu Directorate” in the Republic Day Parade, New Delhi to be held on 26.01.19, Tamil Nadu directorate consist of TN, Puducherry and Andaman & Nicobar islands.
- Navanith.S.N of IV EEE has Played for Indian Youth Rural Handball Team “5th Indo Nepal Youth Rural Games-2018-2019” at Kathmandu Nepal from 07.07.2018 to 11.07.2018. Organized by South Asian Federation for ALL Sports.
- Harish C S from EEE department Award as Maximum Broomstick Jump in one minute (World Record) Award by Asian Book of records and event organized by INDIA Book Of Records.
- Harish C S from EEE department Award as Jumping high with both hands Award by COCA COLA event organized by Limca Book of Records.
- Vignesh B.S Achieved as WORLD BEST HACKER award from wikitechy and Microsoft research community group on 02-09-2017.
- K.A.Durgaa, III EEE has won Best Paper Award in Paper presentation held in Sri Krishna College of Engineering & Technology, Coimbatore.
- A.Sriharikrishna, III EEE has won Best Paper Award in Paper presentation held in Sri Krishna College of Engineering & Technology, Coimbatore
- Ms. Joshibah Raj Kribha, III EEE Acted as a Chairperson in MUN meet and won a cash award of Rs. 2500 in Amrita School of Engineering.
- Mr.R.VimalRaj of III Year EEE also Participated in the Republic Day Parade.
- Balaji of II EEE won Second Place in the 390 Duke Street Racing Category “KTM Orange Day “at Coimbatore on 31-03-2019
|1||University Rank Holders||09|
|2||Number of Students Placed||36|