The Biomedical Engineering would be the combination of Biology or Medicine and Engineering. Biomedical engineers are expected to integrate their engineering skills with their understanding of the complexity of the biological system in order to improve medical practice. Biomedical engineers are required to have a solid foundation in a more traditional engineering discipline such as electrical, electronics, mechanical, chemical, communication and computer science.
The biomedical engineer works in Industries, Academic Institutions, Hospitals and government agencies. They design, develop and manufacture mechanical devices, Electrical & Electronic circuits and computer software for medical instrumentation. These instruments may range from large imaging systems such as NMR, Computerized Tomography to small implantable devices such as a pacemaker, cochlear implants, and drug delivery systems. Biomedical engineers may use Chemistry, Physics, Mathematical models and Computer Simulation to develop new drug therapy. They may use mathematical models and statistics to study many of the signals generated by organs such as Brain, Heart, Skeletal muscle etc. Biomedical Engineers build artificial organs and dental implants for a better life of the society. Biomedical Engineers are also working to develop wireless technology that will allow patients and doctors to communicate over long distances. Biomedical engineers are involved in rehabilitation – designing better walkers, exercise equipment, robots and therapeutic devices to improve human performance.
Biomedical students can take internship, training, and projects in hospitals and industries.
Key areas of Biomedical Engineering
Instrumentation, Sensors, and Measurements
Imaging Techniques, Image processing, and Radiology
Medical and Health Informatics, Genomics and Proteomics
Biomechanics & Robotics in Medicine
BioMEMS, Nanotechnology & Biomaterials
Biotechnology, Drug Delivery, and Biofuels
Genetic Engineering and Synthetic Biology
Tissue Engineering, Cellular & Molecular Biomechanics
To provide world class education with Centre of Excellence in the field of Biomedical Engineering to cater the need of Medical Industries, research and technology development for the benefit of society.
To offer quality education of international acclaim by imbibing critical and creative analysis in designing Biomedical Engineering solutions
To provide opportunities and conducive environment to the faculty members to enhance their skills and expertise in teaching, research and consultancy activities
To translate scientific discovery in medical technology for better health care
To foster the students to understand ethical, social and economic implication of their work for the improvement of society
DEPARTMENT ACCREDITED AND RECOGNIZED BY
For 23 years, SNS has set the standard of excellence as a renowned institution in the field of education. 2020 admissions are open now! Grab your chance and start your journey with us.
You are just one click away from us!Enquiry Now
DEPARTMENT OF BIO-MEDICAL ENGINEERING
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEO)
- PEO 1: Graduate will be capable of applying the skills of basic science, mathematics, and engineering for their successful professional career.
- PEO 2: Graduate will design and conduct experiments, interpret, analyze and communicate effectively for the real life problems.
- PEO 3: Graduate will apply the state of the art tools, technologies and interdisciplinary knowledge to bring enhancements in the society.
- PEO 4: Graduate will possess the qualities of self-learning, team work, ethical conduct and entrepreneurial spirit.
PROGRAMME OUTCOMES (PO)
|PO-a||Engineering Knowledge||solve mechanical engineering problems with the knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering.|
|PO-b||Problem Analysis||Identify, formulate, analyse problems to arrive feasible solutions.|
|PO-c||Design / Development of solutions||design and develop solutions to intricate engineering problems with global, economic, environmental, and societal considerations.|
|PO-d||Conduct Investigations of complex problems||conduct investigations, interpret and synthesis the data to provide solutions for complex mechanical problems.|
|PO-e||Modern Tool usage||use appropriate techniques, skills and modern engineering tools necessary for modeling and simulation.|
|PO-f||The Engineer and Society||assess the impact of mechanical engineering solutions on societal safety, economy, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities.|
|PO-g||Environment and Sustainability||practice engineering principles for the sustainable development with environmental consciousness.|
|PO-h||Ethics||apply and commit to ethical principles, norms and standards during the professional career.|
|PO-i||Individual and Team Work||perform as an individual and in multidisciplinary team.|
|PO-j||Communication||comprehend and communicate effectively with effective reports and documents.|
|PO-k||Project management and finance||apply principles and manage projects economically as a members and team leader in projects and multidisciplinary environments.|
|PO-l||Life-long learning||recognize the necessity and engage in life-long learning to adopt the technological changes..|
PROGRAM SPECIFIC OUTCOMES (PSO’s)
PROGRAM SPECIFIC OUTCOME 1
- Apply engineering knowledge and design & analysis tools to solve problems in the domains of structural, thermal and fluid mechanics.
PROGRAM SPECIFIC OUTCOME 2
- Engage professionally in industries or as an entrepreneur by applying manufacturing and management practices.
Our Faculty Team
Supporting PM Initiatives Mapped with AICTE
Redesigning Common Mind And Business Towards Excellence
PARTNERSHIP / MEMBERSHIP IN PROFESSIONAL BODIES
All the students of the Biomedical Department is having their membership with ISTE chapter
The Department of Biomedical Engineering organised the International level RESEARCH CONCLAVE on 02.02.19.
The speakers were
1. Dr. Upendra Kumar Singh
2. Dr.K.Purushothaman ,
3. Dr.K. Kathirvelu
4. Mr.U.Chandra Mohan.
NOTABLE DEPT ACHIEVEMENTS
NOTABLE STUDENT ACHIEVEMENT
- Lingesh K. of IV BME attended All India Thal Sainik Camp (TSC) DTE TRG – I from 20.09.2018 to 28.09.2018 and Secured Gold Medal in the camp held at New Delhi.
- R of III Year Biomedical Engineering along with their team members participated in Grand Final of Smart India Hackathon, conducted by IIT Kanpur from 08/07/2019 to 12/07/2019.
- Sinduja R. of III Year Biomedical Engineering got selected for State level world skill as Runner up on 05.02.2020.
- System and method for Auto immune disease diagnosis
- Blood Donor Tracking Interface and a Method Therefor
- News Paper Vending Machine”
- Global Immersion Program @ AIMST University, Malaysia
- Start up in association with Banashree Renewable Energy system Pvt. Ltd., Bangalore
|1||University Rank Holders||NA|
|2||Number of Students Placed||24|