The department of Automobile Engineering was established in the year 2013 with an aspiration to create globally competitive and qualified Automobile Engineers. Automobile Engineering is a branch of engineering which deals with designing, manufacturing and troubleshooting of automobiles. The study includes the multidisciplinary research areas such as Electrical, Electronics, Mechanical and Material Science.
The field of automobile plays the key role in the industrial sector and causes the significant impact on providing job opportunities to the deserved automobile engineers. It also provides the opportunity to emerge as an entrepreneur to supply equipment and components for OEM’s.
Our curriculum is designed in such a way that it would help the budding engineers to tailor themselves with respect to the recent developments and requirements in automotive industry and research areas of automobile engineering. The department is equipped with Automotive Electrical Laboratory, Engine Testing and Emission Laboratory, Vehicle Maintenance and Reconditioning lab, Automobile Systems Lab, Thermal Systems and Heat Transfer Laboratory to improve the practical knowledge of systems. In addition to the main library, the department library is also facilitated to develop the students’ knowledge with large collections of technical books and periodical journals related to Automobile Engineering.
A team of well qualified and dedicated faculty members with knowledge in the multidisciplinary area leads the department and its associated activities. Apart from regular teaching learning activities, the department caters the domain knowledge through organising various guest lectures, workshops, conferences in the Automobile Engineering field. The experts from reputed Automobile Engineering industries are regularly invited for programmes and students benefitted from knowledge sharing sessions.
Under Vernieuwers Student club, Research and Development club, 8 Mini Bike team, 2 Go-Kart teams and 1 Baja team comprising of highly talented students participated in the various competition conducted by reputed institution and brought honour to the college. Apart from this, every student is motivated to do independent research on subject-related areas and one of our student’s research project got eligibility for seed money grant at our college level. As a contribution from faculty members, 6 journals have been published in high indexing international journals.
Vision & Mission
Automobile Engineering Department produces professionally competent and responsible engineering graduates with the best-in-class knowledge in vehicle designing, manufacturing, troubleshooting and managerial aspects to meet global demands.
- To impart outcome based education by inculcating the basic requirements of global automobile sector through Institute-Industry interaction
- To develop the department as centre for excellence by providing integrated structured modules in learning and research environment reflecting the global research expertise.
- To elicit the consistent knowledge by promoting higher studies for lifelong learning, employability and entrepreneurship.
- To imbibe leadership and ethical values by incorporating morals of society.
DEPARTMENT ACCREDITED AND RECOGNIZED BY
For 24 years, SNS has set the standard of excellence as a renowned institution in the field of education. 2021 admissions are open now! Grab your chance and start your journey with us.
You are just one click away from us!Enquiry Now
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEO)
PEO 1: Graduate will possess the knowledge to diagnose and troubleshoot the automotive systems by applying the basic concepts of mathematics, science and engineering.
PEO 2: Graduates will have exposure to multidisciplinary areas to meet the automobile industry challenges in the areas of autotronics, vibration, ergonomics and safety systems.
PEO 3: Graduate will have the expertise to carry out the complex researches in advanced automotive techniques.
PEO 4: Graduate will be skilled to play the key role in large scale automotive industry and to develop as the standard entrepreneur in automobile allied sectors.
PEO 5: Graduate will practice engineering with moral, social and ethical values with positive constraints.
PROGRAMME OUTCOMES (PO)
|PO-a||Engineering Knowledge||Demonstrate the solution for the complex problem with the aid of mathematics, science and engineering knowledge.|
|PO-b||Problem Analysis||Identify, formulate, research literature and analyze complex engineering to attain the solution.|
Development of solutions
|Derive solution and process component to meet the specified needs with context to safety, society, culture and environment.|
|PO-d||Conduct Investigations of complex problems||Utilize basic research methodology that includes design, analyze, interpret and synthesize the required data to provide valid conclusion.|
|PO-e||Modern Tool usage||Utilize appropriate techniques and modern tools to work on complex engineering activities.|
|PO-f||The Engineer and Society||Practice professional engineering with context to social, legal and cultural issues.|
|PO-g||Environment and Sustainability||Predict the impact of engineering solutions in society and environment and demonstrate the need for sustainable development.|
|PO-h||Ethics||Commit to professional ethics and principles towards engineering practice.|
|PO-i||Individual and Team Work||Work on team and contribute as individual in multidisciplinary area to reach goal.|
|PO-j||Communication||Effectively communicate and receive information with engineering community and society on complex engineering activities.|
|PO-k||Project management and finance||Demonstrate engineering and management principles and has potential to manage the activity with respect to financial aspect.|
|PO-l||Life-long learning||Recognize the need for preparation to engage in independent and lifelong learning in context to broad technological change.|
PROGRAM SPECIFIC OUTCOMES (PSO’s)
PROGRAM SPECIFIC OUTCOME 1
- Design, analyze, interpret, formulate and to find the solution for automobile related problems.
PROGRAM SPECIFIC OUTCOME 2
- Use the vehicle design data, Vehicle dynamic characteristics, Acoustics and Harshness to design the futuristic automobile system, subjected to moral, social and environmental constraints.
All the classrooms are spacious, well ventilated and equipped with WIFI facility, Newspaper stand and Glass Board. Besides all classroom are fitted with colour blinds to reduce the glare during ICT usage. Overhead Projector with UPS connection for uninterrupted power supply. One – third of classes are equipped with Smartboard for the enhanced learning experience. All the classroom also provided with Notice board which dispalys latest programs and other information related to particular class
AUTOMOTIVE SYSTEMS LABORATORY
Automotive Systems Laboratory helps the students to visualise the automobile components like Engine, Chassis and Transmission Components. It also enables the students to enhance their knowledge in the dismantling and assembling of the various Automobile components.
AUTOMOTIVE ELECTRICAL AND ELECTRONICS LABORATORY
Automotive Electrical Laboratory covers the basic electrical systems of a vehicle. This lab helps the students to acquire knowledge in the fields of Battery testing, Alternator testing, Vehicle wiring system, Spark plug testing etc. This lab also enables the students to understand the applications of sensors used in Automobiles.
ENGINE TESTING AND EMISSION MEASUREMENT LABORATORY
Engine Testing and Emission Measurement Laboratory helps the students to enhance their knowledge in the area of Engine Testing and also the students will learn how to perform a pollution test in different engines. The student will also learn the different parameters and calculations involving in the Engine Testing process. The engines are equipped with the dynamometer setup for performing the test.
VEHICLE MAINTENANCE AND RECONDITIONING LABORATORY
Vehicle Maintenance & Reconditioning laboratory is used to do the preventive maintenance and Breakdown Maintenance. The main objective of this laboratory is to keep the vehicle for maximum period, extract optimum life for the vehicle and maximum utilization of the vehicle at minimum cost. The Laboratory has the following equipment’s to do the maintenance work Wheel Alignment Equipment, Valve Regrinding, Spark Plug Cleaner, Cylinder Reboring, Fuel injection calibration test bench with nozzle tester, HRD tester, Clamp on meter, Hydrometer, Head light alignment gauge, Tyre remover etc.
AUTOMOTIVE FUELS AND LUBRICANTS LABORATORY
Automotive Fuels and Lubricants laboratory is the part of a modular program of Automobile Engineering. This lab covers all National and International standards of fuels and lubricants and also recall the properties of fuel, Gain the knowledge on various fuel and lubrication manufacturing techniques, The lab enables students to understand the different tests on fuels and evaluate the various lubrication and it application, Practice the different fuel standardization techniques.
CENTER OF EXCELLENCE (BMW LABORATORY)
The laboratory comprises of one BMW engine. The model of the engine is “BMW Twin power Turbo Inline 4-Cylinder 2.0 Litre Engine with Eight Speed Steptronic Automatic Transmission”. The Engine is sponsored by BMW for enriching the technical knowledge of the students. The main aim of BMW lab is to make the student to learn the new technologies used in BMW Engine and also to dismantle and assemble the given BMW engine and its gearbox to enrich their technical knowledge. Comparing to conventional engines, BMW engine contains more additional features and special components. While dismantling and assembling, the students will be able to view all the hidden components inside the engine and also they can view the various sensors used inside the engine. This lab will help the students to gain more practical knowledge in the area of IC Engines.
Supporting PM Initiatives Mapped with AICTE
Redesigning Common Mind And Business Towards Excellence
PARTNERSHIP / MEMBERSHIP IN PROFESSIONAL BODIES
Department of Automobile Engineering got Membership with SAE Collegate Club, ISTE & IE (I) for benefits of Faculties and Students.
- Department of Automobile Engineering organized National Level Conference on Green Vehicle Technology in the presence of Mr. B. Dil Nivas, Senior Inspector, Sree Sarathambal Auto Private Limited & Dr. K. Ganesan, Secretary, ISTE - TN & P Section on 6th April 2018
NOTABLE DEPT ACHIEVEMENTS
- Minibike team of Automobile Department Secured First place in Motocross 80 cc event in K.S.R College of Technology on 28.02.2020.
- Minibike team of Automobile Department Secured First place in Motorcross 60 cc event in K.S.R College of Technology on 28.02.2020.
- Minibike team of Automobile Department had won Best Endurance Award in Mini Dirt Challenge Event in Kumaraguru College of Technology on 29.02.2020.
- Minibike team of Automobile Department had won Best Acceleration in Mini Dirt Challenge event in Kumaraguru College of Technology on 29.02.2020.
- Gokart team of Automobile Department had Participated in IKR16(Indian Kart Racing 2016) at Sri Krishna College of Engineering and Technology at Coimbatore during 25th – 27th August 2016.
- Minibike team of Automobile Department had won First place in the Mini-Bike Race (RPM 2K15) in “SANUS 15” at SNS college of Engineering, Coimbatore on 13th August 2015
- Minibike team of Automobile Department had won First place in Mini Dirt-Bike Race (60 cc) at Kumaraguru college of technology, Coimbatore on 5th March 2016.
- Minibike team of Automobile Department had won Second place in Mini Dirt-Bike Race (80 cc) at Kumaraguru college of technology, Coimbatore on 5th March 2016.
- Minibike team of Automobile Department had won Second Prize in Mini Dirt-Bike Race (60 cc) at Kumaraguru college of technology, Coimbatore on 5th March 2016 (60 CC)
- Adhiban (15AU001), IV Year, Received Best Outgoing Graduate Award in the Academic Year 2018 - 19
- Devaraja (14AU011), IV Year, Received Best Outstanding Student Award in the Academic Year 2017 - 18
- Adhiban (15AU001), III Year, Received Best All Rounder Performer Award in the Academic Year 2017 - 18
- Leon Dharmadurai (13AU031), IV Year,Received Best Outstanding Student Award in Academic Year 2016 - 17
- Leon Dharmadurai (13AU031), III Year, Received Young Scientist Award in the Conference conducted by Jet Aerospace and APJ Abdul Kalam Research Foundation on 19-03-2016
- Mohan Kumar C, Hemachander K, Rajesh R, Aswin Raja R, of III Year Automobile Engineering has completed the project titled “Design and Fabrication of E - Cycle” in the sector Electrical, Electronics and Communication Engineering under Study Project Scheme sponsored by the council during the academic year 2017 -18 at Tamil Nadu State Council for Science and Technology
- Gokart team of Automobile Department had participated in Bharath Formula Karting Championship, Kari Motor Speedway from 10.09.2019 to 13.09.2019
- Minibike team of Automobile Department had participated in Mini Dirt Bike Event & Won First Prize on 27.09.2017 at Jansons Institute of Technology, Coimbatore
- Gokart team of Automobile Department had participated in Builders Kart Challenge on 21 & 22 Feb 2018 at Builders Engineering College, Tiruppur
- BAJA team of Automobile Department had participated in the Virtual BAJA SAE INDIA 2016 which is organized by SAE INDIA on 24th & 25th June 2016 at Christ University, Bengaluru
- Minibike team of Automobile Department had won best design award in the event motocross (PRAVEGA-2) at JCT College of Engineering and Technology at Coimbatore during 1st & 2nd September 2016.
- Minibike team of Automobile Department had won Best Innovation Award in National Level dirt Bike Competion at Dr.NGP Institute Technology at Coimbatore on 30th September 2016.
- Minibike team of Automobile Department had won II prize in Mini bike Race under the category of 60 CC in Mini Bike Race at Easa College of Engineering at Coimbatore on 07th October 2016
- Minibike team of Automobile Department had won I prize in Mini bike Race under the category of 80 CC in Mini Bike Race at Easa College of Engineering at Coimbatore on 07th October 2016
- Gokart team of Automobile Department had Participated in Indian Kart Racing Championship organized by NEXUS TRAINING INSTITUTE at PCNTDA Traffic Park, Pune on 29th January 2017
- Gokart team of Automobile Department had won III Prize in Yuddham’17 – Seventeen National level Techno Fest in Go-Kart, at P.A College of Engineering & Technology on 11/3/2017
- Gokart team of Automobile Department had participated in Students Kart Design Challenge on Dec 2017 Organized by Society of Mechanical & Automotive Engineers, Bangalore
- D. Aswin Balaji of II Auto has won I Prize in National Kart Racing Championship held at Chettipalayam Racing Track, Coimbatore on 15th December 2019
- E. Venkatesan of III Auto has won I Prize in Kata (Above 18 years), Team Kata (Open), Weapon Kata (Above 18 Years Black Belt Category) and II prize in Kumite (Above 18 years) and also secured Championship in Kata in 19th K.B.I National Karate Championship: 2019 - 2020 conducted by Lion Budokon Karate Health Club at Lakshmi Prasanna Garden Hall, Sathupally, Telangana from 28th December to 29th December 2019.
- S. Aakash of IV Auto have secured ISTE Best Project Award in the year 2019 at PSG Institute of Technology and Applied Research on 18th December 2019.
|1||University Rank Holders||-|
|2||Number of Students Placed||130|