The Department of Agriculture Engineering was started in the year 2016 to offer Bachelor of Engineering in Agricultural Engineering. Our Faculty team comprises of Professors more than 25 years of experiences from Tamil Nadu Agricultural University. The Department is imparting training on various aspects of Agricultural Engineering such as Design and installation of Drip system for crops, Value-addition of fruits, vegetables and millets, repairs, Maintenance of tractors and power tillers, repairs and maintenance of sprayers and dusters and so on.,
Hands on training on crop production using tractor operated farm implements is offered in the field. Our Students are undergoing internships and training’s in Farm machinery manufacturing industries, drip irrigation manufacturing companies, food processing Industries, dairies, renewable energy industries, etc. The Department intends to provide technical support to Farmers and Entrepreneurs to establish small scale industries. The Department has signed MOUs with various Agricultural allied industries through which Students get Placements, good packages in Modern Dairy Machines, Magnificent Engineers, Bull Agro implements, Jain Irrigation System Private Ltd., Roots Irrigation Ltd and many more.
The Agriculture Engineering department aims to produce quality technocrats, who will be able to integrate engineering and technology interventions with farming and contribute towards sustainable growth in agriculture production across the globe.
- To prepare graduates with sound engineering knowledge and skills so as to meet the challenges in Agriculture namely Farm Mechanization, Soil and Water Conservation, Agricultural Processing and Post harvest value addition, Bio Energy utilization and Precision farming.
- To educate graduates to meet global challenges in agricultural growth.
- To create an opportunity to interact with industries and institutions for mutual benefit.
- To equip graduates with scientific outlook to help them understand research initiatives in all the frontline technologies of agriculture such as Farm Machinery and implements and Soil and Water Conservation, etc. for making innovations to achieve excellence in their field.
The department is creating awareness on various aspects of agricultural engineering and its scope to the students. Hands on training on crop production using tractor operated farm implements is being provided in the field. Also, hands on training through one credit courses like Design and installation of Drip system for crops, value-addition of fruits, vegetables and millets, repairs and maintenance of tractors and power tillers, repairs and maintenance of sprayers and dusters to enrich the professional expertise is being offered and thereby enhance the employability of the students.Our students are undergoing internships and training’s in farm machinery manufacturing industries, drip irrigation manufacturing companies, food processing industries, dairies, renewable energy industries, etc.
For 23 years, SNS has set the standard of excellence as a renowned institution in the field of education. 2020 admissions are open now! Grab your chance and start your journey with us.
You are just one click away from us!Enquiry Now
All the classrooms are spacious, well ventilated and equipped with WIFI facility, Newspaper stand and Glass Board. Besides all classroom are fitted with colour blinds to reduce the glare during ICT usage. Overhead Projector with UPS connection for uninterrupted power supply. One – third of classes are equipped with Smartboard for the enhanced learning experience. All the classroom also provided with Notice board which dispalys latest programs and other information related to particular class
The following laboratories have been established and students are being given hands-on training in them
- Soil Science Lab
- Unit Operations in Food Process Engineering Lab
- Biomass Conversion Lab
- Farm Power & Implements Lab
- Farm Tractors lab
- Solar and Wind Energy lab
- Post-Harvest Engineering lab
- Irrigation and Drainage Engineering Lab
- Dairy & Food Processing Lab
The students are also imparted with hands on training on the cultivation of crops in the SNS Farm using 65 HP tractor, power tiller and all kinds of farm implements including reversible plough.
PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEO)
PEO1: Graduates will exhibit the basic knowledge in Mathematics, Science and Engineering and apply them for the improvement of agricultural production.
PEO2: Graduates will communicate effectively in both verbal and written form and acquire team work.
PEO3: Graduates will be familiar with modern engineering software tools and equipment for the problems in agriculture.
PEO4: Graduates will understand various engineering fields and gain expertise in interdisciplinary applications in agriculture.
PROGRAMME SPECIFIC OUTCOMES (PSO)
- The students will possess adequate knowledge in different disciplines of agricultural engineering to gain better employment opportunities.
- The students can pursue higher studies in IITs, Central Institutes, Foreign Universities and Reputed educational institutions in India and abroad.
PROGRAMME OUTCOMES (PO)
At the end of this programme, students will be able to
- Utilize the knowledge of Mathematics, Science and Engineering for different applications in agriculture.
- An ability to identify, formulate and solve problems in agriculture.
- Design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data.
- Use the techniques, skills and modern engineering tools necessary for solving problems in agriculture
- Exhibit professional and ethical responsibilities
- Communicate effectively through both verbal and written modes.
- Demonstrate knowledge on issues in societal and environmental contexts and develop sustainable solutions.
- Design a system or management technique to improve food industry
- Function as an individual and also in multidisciplinary teams to achieve organizational objectives.
- Find solutions to the problems in agriculture using interdisciplinary approach.
- Practice the engineering and management principles to manage projects.
- Engage in life-long learning to meet global challenges in agriculture.
Supporting PM Initiatives Mapped with AICTE
Redesigning Common Mind And Business Towards Excellence
- The Department of Agriculture Engineering and the Department of Food Technology has organized a National E-Conference titled “Modern Technologies in Sustainable Agricultural and Food Production” on October 31, 2020.