- The Department of Mechanical Engineering started in the year 2005-06. The Department offers B.E – Mechanical Engineering with an intake of 120, M.E Thermal Engineering with an intake of 18 and a Ph.D. Programme by Anna University Chennai.
- B.E Mechanical Engineering Programme is accredited by NBA under Tier II. The Department has excellent infrastructure facilities worth Rs. 120 Lakhs for the betterment of students and faculties by keeping on par with the latest trends.
- The laboratory facilities including 3D printing, IoT Lab, VCR Engine, DRO Vertical Milling Centre, CNC XL Turn, CNC XL Mill, Surface Roughness Tester, Auto Collimator, ANSYS, Solid Edge, NX CAM, Lab View are in well-equipped condition for the Course of Study.
- The Department has received a total grant of Rs. 36.65 lakhs so far from various funding agencies like AICTE, IE (I), TNSCST, SERB.
- Currently, the faculty strength is 35, out of which 09 are with a Ph.D. degree, other 14 of them are pursuing Ph.D. work.
- Our faculty members have published 225 research papers in reputed Journals in the last 10 years.
- 10 Batches of B.E Mechanical Engineering students have passed out with an average graduation rate of 83.1 % and 4 batches of M.E Thermal Engineering students have passed out with 100%. So far 15 of our B.E Mechanical Engineering graduates got university ranks.
- The department has MOU’s with 33 leading industries for getting internship & in-plant training, Guest Lectures and Consultancy works. On average, 65% of students are undertaking in-plant training every year, 80% of students are participating in technical events like Paper Presentation, Technical Quiz, Project Contest, CAD modeling and RC Racing conducted by other premier institutions.
- 70% of students are involving in sports activities/NSS/YRC/RRC activities. 15 No of students are in the college NCC and got B certificates.
- Every year at least 75 students are undertaking Value added courses like Solid Works, CATIA, Ansys, Creo, six sigma, Lean manufacturing, other than their regular curriculum during evening hours through MSME/NSDC partners arranged through the department.
- Students are going for Industrial visits every year starting from the Second year to bridge the gap between academics and industries. Every year Third-year students have undergone the summer research fellowship programme at IIT’S & Central Mechanical Engineering Research Institute.
- All Eligible students are placed in either Core or IT Companies. Some of our Recruiters are Hirotech, Rabwin Industries, Aquasub Engineering, Tech Mahindra, TCS, Zoho, BYJU’S, Ashok Leyland, Delphi Tvs, etc.
- Online Test, Mock HR, Seminars Technical Interview and Group Discussion are conducted from first year onwards to improve the skills required for career opportunities as well as the industry requirements.
- The department organizes guest lectures on “Awareness about Competitive Exams and Higher Studies” to get an exposure on GATE, IELTS, CAT, MAT, AFCAT, SSB, GRE, TOFEL, RRB, UPSC, IBPS, TNPSC, etc.
- The department is organizing communication skill development activities for the voluntary students, Focusing areas on Part of speech, stage presentation, vocabulary and reflections.
- The students are membered with various Engineering societies. All the students are ISTE Members, 55 students are SAE members. So far TNSCST, IE (I) funded for an amount Rs. 82,000 for various students’ projects.
- Our department students have participated in National level Go-kart event organized by ISIE they bagged up overall 15th position among 53 teams from 13 states in the year of 2016 and other teams of 25 students participated in Gokart event at Noida and completed in the fourth position and won the best innovation award in the year of 2018. Three Go-Kart Teams namely Moto maiden, Lycans 2.0, Darkans Team 007 had been participated and secured 12th, 17th, 18th place respectively and Team Lycans 2.0 Bagged II place in Best Innovation Award among 86 Teams in BFKCT 2018 held at Coimbatore.
- Our department students have participated in the SUPRA event, held at Buddha International Circuit at Greater Noida, secured 50th rank out of 176 teams.
- Our Department filed 14 Patent out of which 7 Product & 7 Design Patent.
- The Department has a very strong alumni network across the globe. Our alumni are working in leading industries like Mercedes Benz, Renault Nissan, Daimler, Robert Bosch, Cameron, LMW, Pricol, John Deere Etc. Also, our Alumni are in the Indian Navy, TamilNadu Uniform Services, Banking sectors etc.
Vision & Mission
The Department of Mechanical Engineering endeavors to be a recognized knowledge center for quality education and research by producing competent and creative engineers to meet global challenges.
- To impart knowledge by providing effective means of learning and facilitate personal commitment for productive careers globally.
- To provide students and faculty members with opportunities for creative thinking, interpretation, application and knowledge dissemination.
- To inculcate life-long learning, human values and entrepreneurship culture in the fields of engineering design, thermal, manufacturing, automation, etc.
- To link with industries and institutions for mutual benefit.
For 23 years, SNS has set the standard of excellence as a renowned institution in the field of education. 2020 admissions are open now! Grab your chance and start your journey with us.
You are just one click away from us!Enquiry Now