Biomedical Engineering would be the combination of Biology or Medicine and Engineering. Biomedical engineers are expected to integrate their engineering skills with their understanding of the complexity of the biological system in order to improve medical practice. Biomedical engineers are required to have a solid foundation in a more traditional engineering discipline such as electrical, electronics, mechanical, chemical, communication and computer science.
The biomedical engineer works in Industries, Academic Institutions, Hospitals and government agencies. They design, develop and manufacture mechanical devices, Electrical & Electronic circuits and computer software for medical instrumentation. These instruments may range from large imaging systems such as NMR, Computerized Tomography to small implantable devices such as a pacemaker, cochlear implants, and drug delivery systems. Biomedical engineers may use Chemistry, Physics, Mathematical models and Computer Simulation to develop new drug therapy. They may use mathematical models and statistics to study many of the signals generated by organs such as Brain, Heart, Skeletal muscle etc. Biomedical Engineers build artificial organs and dental implants for a better life of the society. Biomedical Engineers are also working to develop wireless technology that will allow patients and doctors to communicate over long distances. Biomedical engineers are involved in rehabilitation – designing better walkers, exercise equipment, robots and therapeutic devices to improve human performance.
Biomedical students can take internship, training, and projects in hospitals and industries.
Key areas of Biomedical Engineering
- Instrumentation, Sensors, and Measurements
- Biomedical Signal
- Imaging Techniques, Image processing, and Radiology
- Medical and Health Informatics, Genomics and Proteomics
- Information Technology
- Biomechanics & Robotics in Medicine
- BioMEMS, Nanotechnology & Biomaterials
- Biotechnology, Drug Delivery, and Biofuels
- Genetic Engineering and Synthetic Biology
- Tissue Engineering, Cellular, and Molecular Biomechanics
Vision & Mission
To provide world class education with Centre of Excellence in the field of Biomedical Engineering to cater the need of Medical Industries, research and technology development for the benefit of society.
- To offer quality education of international acclaim by imbibing critical and creative analysis in designing Biomedical Engineering solutions
- To provide opportunities and conducive environment to the faculty members to enhance their skills and expertise in teaching, research and consultancy activities
- To translate scientific discovery in medical technology for better health care
- To foster the students to understand ethical, social and economic implication of their work for the improvement of society
For 23 years, SNS has set the standard of excellence as a renowned institution in the field of education. 2020 admissions are open now! Grab your chance and start your journey with us.
You are just one click away from us!Enquiry Now